Sunday, April 12, 2015

Explore Amsterdam



Once again I'm working on the travel theme challenges for April at  "Lasting Memories"
I love to travel in the states and a few times out of the country, so this months challenges are perfect for me.   The 2nd week challenge has a sketch and is call 'My Favorite Destination'
I don't think I have gone anywhere that I didn't like or wouldn't want to go back to.
But I have to say when I went to Europe for 10 days to visit my daughter while she was in college there was a fantastic trip.   We had time in London, Oxford, Stonehenge and Amsterdam and some surrounding countryside.   This was a family trip,  my husband, Dad, brother and nephew all went and of course then my daughter was there to travel with us on our side trips.  

We all loved Amsterdam.   We walked all over, saw some beautiful gardens, awesome museums and then riding along the canals in the boats was fantastic.   I could have done that day in and day out.
My daughter and nephew even went to the Amsterdam Zoo one afternoon.    So there was a lot to do.
So that is why I decided to make another layout from this trip as my favorite destination  for that challenge at "Lasting Memories"    Plus I got to work with this cool sketch and get out some of my stash of wood veneers.    

See the sketch below and  then check out all the details  HERE  for yourself about this challenge and the others ones at "Lasting Memories" for the month of April.


5 comments:

  1. Love the way you used the wood embellishments for the circles. Thats a great idea! Thanks for sharing with us at Lasting Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Amsterdam is one of my favourite places in the world - its so beautiful with all the canals and houseboats.... I also love the wooden shapes, gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! One thing I love about seeing other ppl's layouts is we get to see places we never have. Have a peek at LM today :) Thanks so much for joining us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this page!! LOVE how you used all the wood pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous layout and just love your take on the sketch with all those cool wood veneer pieces :) thanks for joining us over at Lasting Memories
    Tina DT

    ReplyDelete