Sunday, August 16, 2015

SNAKE ALLEY


Glad to be back scrapping.  It's been 13 days since I made a layout, that is a long time for me.   I had a couple of Design Team posts during this off period that were pre scheduled for my blog, but the layouts were made well more than a month ago.   So finally today, I knew I had to get back to work and be creative instead of just sitting at my desk and shuffling papers and sketches.  

With this layout of more pictures from our July Road trip, I used  the Aug. 1st sketch at "STUCK ?! SKETCHES"   I also used for the first time some of the papers from the Fancy Pants - Meology collection.    Snake Alley was just a little side trip stop on our road trip of seeing many varied places. This street doesn't have as many turns as Lombard Street in San Fransisco, but there the turns are tighter at 1100 deg. compared to 1000 deg.   We found it and drove down it once,  and then circled around and drove down again.   There were even two little cottages on the street, what neat place that would have been to live.

Check out the sketch below and go to "STUCK ?! SKETCHES"  to read the details on this challenge and while there also check out the new sketch by Laura Whitaker from Aug. 15th.  I love her sketches and I know you will too.


6 comments:

  1. Super fun page! I love seeing the history of the street right on your page and I love the great photos and fun papers you've used! Glad you've gotten your scrap on again! I had a bit of a break from scrapping recently, but I was making a few cards during that time - hard to go cold turkey!
    I hope you have fun doing more scrapping now that you've gotten a page completed!
    Thanks so much for sharing! I couldn't agree more about Laura Whitaker's sketches! They are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page Barb! I just love your colours and die cutting! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing!!! LOVE the papers and your design based on the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun, Barbara. Loving the camera design paper.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great papers and great view! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome page, love the color and patterned papers! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!Sketches!

    ReplyDelete