Sunday, January 3, 2016

Time for thank you cards



It's that time.   At our house we finished "un"decorating today.   It took two days but its done.
It's always a sad time for me as I love the decorations and lights all over, but the holidays are over and now its time to say thank you to our friends and family for the wonderful gifts they gave us.
This card will go to my daughter and son-in-law.

Not to many people would think of black to use for a thank you card.   But I was looking thru my scrap drawer, as that is always where I go first when making a card and these two papers were right together and just loved the combo together, the yellow just popped.

I am going to enter this card for two challenges.    First off I used the sketch  PPA #281 at
"PALS PAPER ARTS"    You just have until Noon EST on January 5th for this one
Then the new challenge at "JUST US GIRLS"  is  Word Week #324 and the work is "Thank You"
Perfect timing for this card.   You have till 9:00 EST January 7th for this challenge.   So get to work.  

Just click on the links above for all the info on the challenges and here is the sketch below.


5 comments:

  1. Great use of the sketch! thanks for joining in at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sketch and the color combo! Very pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layers with the extra wide white layer. It makes your sentiment just pop. The subtle pattern on the narrows dap is such a nice fit. Thanks for playing with the PPA this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this black and yellow color combination. The beautiful pattern in your background paper is a perfect support for the cheery yellow circle and sentiment. Thank you so much for playing along with this Pals Paper Arts sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your color combo and patterns! Beautiful. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete