Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Best Friend Best Dad



This last weekend was my Dad's 94th Birthday.  My brother brought him to our house in Kansas City  on Friday for the weekend.  We ate out Friday night and then Saturday we stayed home and had a big BBQ or smoked ribs, his favorite potato casserole, slaw and grilled pineapple.   Dad LOVES chocolate and ice cream so I made a chocolate cake for his birthday and had vanilla bean ice cream

Thanto go with it.  After we had Brunch Sunday at his favorite brunch place here in KC we drove to my brothers house in Columbia, Mo for the rest of the day and overnight.   We spent the time there with my daughter and son-in-law and with his #1 person his newest great granddaughter Elle.   We had a great dinner outside at a favorite restaurant in town.   Then Monday we drove him back to his home.    The pictures in my layout are from his home, the 4x6 one and the small one is at my house, both taken over the weekend.  

I made this layout with the 'SCRAPPY FRIENDS" Challenges in mind.   I used the great Rewind Sketch at "THROUGH THE EYES OF ROCHELLE SPEARS"  and then I used the June
Subway Art challenge at "GRAND DIVA'S CREATIVE CORNER"   I loved the subway art so much I printed an image of it as one of my pictures, plus used part of it as my title.   Both choices
in the challenge.

The papers I used were from an older collection.  Bella Blvd - Family Forever.    It was perfect for the sketch and for my pictures and feelings for my Dad.   The background paper was called Mom & Dad, but I thought it was perfect for picture of the Dad and I.

Here are the links to the challenges.
"THROUGH THE EYES OF ROCHELLE SPEARS"   June Rewind Sketch

"GRAND DIVA'S CREATIVE CORNER" - Subway Art Challenge

Thanks to both challenges for the great inspiration and the opportunity to scrap about the best Dad in the world and my best friend.

1 comment:

  1. How clever of you to copy and use the subway art on your layout! Precious layout and fantastic take on both challenges! Thank you for playing along with the June Scrappy Friends Challenges!

    ReplyDelete